Research and Projects
The Institute of Lifelong Learning carries out research and creative activities following the Strategic Plan of Mendel University in Brno for the period from 2021 and the Strategic Plan of the Institute of Lifelong Learning for a given period. The strategic goals and priorities in the field of research and creative activities are defined in the documents Strategy for the Development of Creative Activities at the Institute of Lifelong Learning of Mendel University in Brno and the Research Plan of the ILL MENDELU.
Areas of focus of research and creative activities
- History of pedagogy and education in the period of socialist Czechoslovakia and post-socialist transformation.
- Determinants of the sustainability of quality of life of senior citizens with regard to the universities of the third age and active citizenship.
- The quality of professional and non-formal education programmes implemented within the framework of lifelong learning at universities in the Czech Republic.
- Pedagogical activities of a teacher of vocational subjects and practical training in the conditions of a modern secondary technical school.
- Professional development of teaching staff.
- Industry 4.0 and its influence on the development in the field of education.
Projects and International cooperation
The Institute primarily focuses on obtaining funding for research and creative activities from the Czech Science Foundation (GACR) and the Technology Agency of the Czech Republic (TA CR). Another area of its interest is research cooperation with foreign partners, such as Daugavpils University (Latvia), the University of Pannonia (Hungary), or the University of Žilina (Slovakia). More information
The Institute regularly publishes the results of its creative activities at scientific symposia, in conference proceedings, professional journals and books. More information
International Scientific Conference ICOLLE
Since 2009, the Institute has been organising the International Conference of Lifelong Learning (ICOLLE), which focuses on current topics in the field of education and is regularly attended by Czech and international experts from the fields of educational theory and practice.
The Journal of Lifelong Learning
Since 2011, the Institute has been publishing an independent peer-reviewed professional periodical Lifelong Learning, which publishes original research papers by Czech and foreign authors, review studies, outstanding student papers, reports and review articles related to aspects of lifelong learning and education (especially professional, further vocational education and senior education). The journal is enlisted in the EBSCO and ERIH Plus databases.