Institute of Lifelong Learning at Mendel University Brno
The Institute of Lifelong Learning (ILL) is an independent university institute of Mendel University in Brno since 2006. This year we remember 15 years since the founding. We are dedicated to teaching, thus offering accredited degree programs in pedagogy, economic-technical disciplines, and to scientific research activities associated with teaching. We provide a number of lifelong learning activities such as professional, language and special interest courses and workshops for a target audience and the general public. We offer one year course of Czech for Foreigners for international students. We also provide at no charge professional services of the Counselling Centre to students and graduates of Mendel University – student support, career and psychological counselling in Czech and English. Education for seniors is organized through the University of the Third Age.
The mission of the Institute of Lifelong Learning at Mendel University is to provide higher education and to undertake scientific research activities related to education as well as other creative activities which reflect the needs of the practical application sector, region and society of the 21st century. At the same time, the Institute wants to contribute to the development of Mendel University by providing lifelong education and counselling in all its forms.
The University Institute wishes to become a stable, cooperative and self-supporting part of the university. Its priorities in addition to accredited degree programs and education programs will also be other areas of lifelong learning, scientific research activity and advisory services to students, graduates and employees of the university. The University Institute wants to become a recognized university organization not only in the Czech Republic but also abroad.
At present, the ILL consists of five departments:
- Department of Social Science
- Department of Expert Engineering
- Department of Continuing Education
- Counselling Centre
- Department of Senior Education
- Director's Decree No. 1/2020 - Standard volume of pedagogical and creative activities performed by members of the academic staff of the Institute of Lifelong Learning at Mendel University in Brno
- Director's Decree No. 2/2020 - Evaluation and Management of the Career and Professional Development of the Academic Staff of Institute of the Lifelong Learning at Mendel University in Brno
- Rules of Procedure of the Scientific Board of the Institute of Lifelong Learning
- Statute of the Institute of Lifelong Learning at Mendel University in Brno
The Institute of Lifelong Learning is located on the campus of Mendel University in Building E.
In 2009 the building of the Institute underwent major renovation, which won the 2010 South Moravian Regional Building Award (2nd Place Award).