Czech for Foreigners at ICV MENDELU
1. 11. 2016 -
Czech for Foreigners at ICV MENDELU
Who is the course for?
The course is intended for students from abroad who want to study in Czech at one of the universities in the Czech Republic ideally at Mendel University in Brno. The course is aimed at complete beginners – students with no prior knowledge of the language. Study groups are composed mostly of students whose native language or second language is Russian and for such students is the course primary suitable . The language of instruction from the beginning of the course is Czech. The prerequisite for study is completion of secondary education.
Czech for Foreigners courses are aimed at complete beginners and students with some basic knowledge of the language (pre-intermediate students). We will teach you how to communicate in real life situations and we will also help you develop basic communication skills necessary for your future education and specialization. The final examination proves your current language skills and helps you successfully gain admission to a university in the Czech Republic.
- Czech for everyday communication – conversation, grammar, work with texts
- Basics of professional academic Czech used at university
- Culture, society and history of the Czech Republic
- Special events and other activities (lectures, classes shared with Czech students, excursions, etc.)
The aim of the course is quick acquisition and further development of language knowledge and skills. The main goal of the course is language preparation of students for their future studies in the Czech language. Language preparation is based on the “Common European Framework of Reference for Languages“. The knowledge of the language is tested throughout the entire course. At the end of the course there is a comprehensive language test of all language skills – listening, reading and grammar, writing and speaking. From the second semester of studies career preparation courses and extension vocational courses are offered.
Final Examination in Czech for Foreigners
- Levels A2, B1, B2, C1
- According to the criteria of the Common European Framework of Reference
- Examination passing requirements (passing score is 60%)
- Sample final test papers
- Achieving a language certificate entitles you to study at most universities in the Czech Republic.
- If you fail the exam, you will have a chance of extra term, in all circumstances you get a course attendance certificate.
- One year course consisting of 560 hours, 16 -20 hours per week, start in September and October
- One year course consisting of 850 hours, 20 hours per week, start in September 2017
Both courses are completed by August 2018.
- A completed online course application form and a copy of your passport
- Beiing 18 years and older at the course start date
- A certificate of complete secondary education related to the degree program which you wish to study (submitted no later than the course start date).
- Payment of 50 % of a course fee deposit which includes 5 000 CZK administration fee (Administration fee is non-returnable and it is part of a course fee).
55 000 CZK (approximately 2 000 EUR, according to exchange rate 27,50).
(Prices of other courses are available on the website of our collaborative agencies.
Why study at ICV MENDELU
- A prestigious university with a tradition since 1919
- Long experience in providing intensive language courses, several hundred students have completed our preparation course
- A team of experienced university teachers with years of experience in teaching Czech for Foreigners
- A possibility of studying specialist courses that help students prepare for university entrance exams
- Well-equipped classrooms near Brno city centre
- The latest teaching trends, internationally comparable quality standards
- Group size: 10 – 14 students
- Modern textbooks and specially written study materials
- Individual consultations for students with learning difficulties, and career counselling
- Course supervision (monitoring during the course, feedback on student performance, continuous testing, course satisfaction survey)
- A library equipped with textbooks, dictionaries, language handbooks and other resource materials
- A place in student accommodation at Mendel University
- An opening ceremony and graduation ceremony
Institute of Lifelong Learning
Mendel University in Brno
Telephone: + 420 545 135 216
Student recruitment is also conducted in collaboration with two Brno agencies. For complete service please contact one of the following agencies.
EuroEducation JPR s.r.o.
Brno 602 00
In collaboration with EuroEducation JPR s.r.o. we also organize very intensive course of 850 hours and one semester course of 360 hours apart from 560 hours course.
TBS group, s.r.o.
ul. Bašty 416/8
602 00 Brno
In collaboration with TBS Group, s. r. o. we also organize one year course not only in Brno but also in Prague (560 hours).